Monday, January 11, 2010

Awful day... and more to come

So, now that I feel like I have prefaced what the day I found out about getting laid off was like, I feel like I should talk about how things have really been since that wonderful day.

I know I might have my moments, but for the most part I would say that I am a pretty upbeat person. I try and find the good that come out of every bad situation. I remember my college professor asking how I could laugh at the bad things in my life when others would probably cry. The answer is easy: why cry when you can laugh and make other people laugh with your stories! I love that feeling. It's almost like a drug. Plus, if I don't laugh, I will cry and I'm really not that attractive when I cry.

Anyways, as for the past 4 days, I feel like I am in limbo. Basically (and I don't know why), I got laid off but I have to stick around for two months. If there is any one out there that explain to me the purpose of this to me? I would really appreciate it. I am expected to work and fulfill all of my duties as I would do on a day where I know I'm not going to be unemployed in 57 days.

I understand that I am getting extra time to find a job and still get paid, but seriously, they should just give me the money and let me go home. I am not in any state of mind to help them out when I feel like they are kicking me to the curb. It's like realizing you are in a bad relationship. Why stick around when they obviously don't want you?

To top all of this off (and again I found out 5 days ago), Human Resources originally set a meeting with me to explain everything A WEEK after they tell me I am laid off. Am I being irrational? I was basically told I was being irrational for being upset that they weren't going to talk to me for a whole week. When I talked to HR Rep today, I said, "I'm not trying to make this all about me, but it should be all about me." They are the ones saying goodbye to me - not the other way around, no matter how much I wish that was the case.

Negatives of the day? 

  • THE PITY STARES! To all of those who looked at me today like I'm a puppy that is now confined to one of those puppy wheelchairs, I'm not dead!
Bonuses of the day?

  • My Manager (AP) is awesome. Very much on my side and totally supportive.
  • HR Rep's manager is meeting with me tomorrow. BOOM! Here is to hoping everything goes well.
  • AND we started looking at apartments today!!!! Can't wait for Boston. someone please give me a job there so I can get my life started?
kthanksbye.

0 comments: