Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Only 12 more work days... hopefully

So, like I have said, I was told that I would need to stick around until March 5th if I wanted all of the benefits from this whole situation of getting laid off. Well, this is not the case.

This morning, I met with my (original) HR Rep so she could answer the questions that have burning a hole in my head since last Thursday. I do have to say, she was much nicer today. I guess she is just one of those people you have to say, "Listen. I know you probably don't mean it, but you are being very mean." Once I said that to her, it was like she turned into one of those infomercial ladies - super smiley, way too sweet, makes you want to punch them in the face. At least she was laughing at my jokes today. The crying must have put her off before.

Anyways, she was pretty informative and helpful. So I decided to ask about something that was being passed around the Rumor Mill  - that those who got the ax didn't really need to stay until March. And this is TRUE! If management thinks the person can leave earlier than that, the layoff-ee (?) will still receive all benefits and pay until March 5th.

When I heard this, I sat down with AP, my manager, and pretty much said that there is no way I have enough work to keep me occupied for 8 weeks. Plus, I don't think I would mentally be able to stay that long. Soooo I pretty much said I wanted my last day to be January 29th. In my brain, my last day is January 29th. In her brain, my last day is the 29th. However, she needs to go to talk to Director Man. Can I say I wouldn't be surprised if he said no out of spite?

Positives of the day:
  • One of my internal clients I worked with came over to my cube this morning and told me that he was really sad to see me go. This is pretty awesome because I think it is hard to find sincerely nice people that work here and it was super sweet. 
  • Went to Qdoba today for lunch with D and got double points for eating there on Tuesday. The Diet Coke and Lemon (DCw/L) was a high point.
Negatives of the day:
  • The thought of having to say goodbye to my Qdoba people is heart breaking. I feel that the fact that I don't really have to say what I want and Skippy NeckTats (D - is this how I need to spell this?) just starts making my little baby burrito is amazing and I am never going to find this service anywhere else. 
  • Thinking about not having lunch with D everyday. I think when you eat lunch with someone almost every single day for almost 2 years, it's a pretty sad knowing it is going to end.

    0 comments: